I absolutely love chicken schnitzel! It's one of my favourite dishes to make and enjoy. The crispy coating paired with the juicy and tender chicken makes for a delicious and satisfying meal.
- 4 chicken thighs, no skin or bone
- 4 tbsp cornflour or arrowroot
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 200 g panko or any breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Place each chicken thigh between a large piece of clear plastic, add a little water and beat out until nice and really thin. Repeat with the three others.
- Coat each one in a little cornflour or arrowroot, then into the beaten egg and breadcrumbs, pat well, then chill ‘til ready to cook.
- Heat the oil and butter ‘til foaming in a large frying pan and add the schnitzels.
- Cook until lightly brown, say 3-4 minutes then turn over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Leave to rest on a kitchen towel.
- Serve the coleslaw on large plates topped with the schnitzels.
- Spoon over the dressing just before serving.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket