- 250 g caster sugar
- 150 cold water
- 8 egg yolks
- 575 very lightly whipped double cream
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 350 g any frozen fruit, defrosted (blackcurrants, raspberries are my favourite)
- 150 g caster sugar
- Place the 250g caster sugar and water in a pan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, leave to boil for 5 minutes, bang on, no more, no less. I use a small digital timer.
- Place the egg yolks into a mixing bowl, and once the sugar and water have been boiling for 2 minutes, set the machine to medium speed.
- At 5 minutes, take the sugar and water off the stove, turn the machine up to full speed, and pour onto the egg yolks. Whisk until thick, foamy and cold.
- Liquidise the fruit and 150g castor sugar together and strain through a fine sieve.
- Remove the egg yolk mixture from the machine.
- Carefully fold through the lightly whipped cream.
- Partially fold through the fruit puree and freeze overnight.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket