- 700 g salmon fillets, (4 x 175g)
- 200 Mirin (Japanese rice liquor)
- 150 soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown miso paste
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Place the mirin, soy, miso paste, sesame oil, sugar and vinegar into a saucepan, mix well and then bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer the sauce until you have about 150mls. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Once cooled, pour half over the salmon and leave to marinate, best overnight in the fridge. But at a pinch, 1 hour.
- To cook the salmon, preheat the grill to its hottest setting.
- Lift out the salmon, leaving a little sauce on the fish, then place it onto a grilling tray or dish.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, depending on the grill temperature, or until the salmon is JUST cooked, best left undercooked.
- Meanwhile, boil the rest of the marinade, and serve with the salmon as a dipping sauce.
- Serve the salmon with cooked fresh fettuccine mixed with a little oil, butter and chopped fresh mint.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket