This is a nice way of getting plenty of vegetables into a tasty meal, with the addition of a little fruit. It's also a good dish for using up any leftover cooked veg. If your child does not like the texture, the mix can be puréed completely or made less chunky in a food processor.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped into 2cm chunks
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes and cooked
- 3 small carrots, peeled, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 0.5 medium cauliflower, broken into florets, then lightly cooked
- 10 g Gluten-Free chicken stock cube
For the Salad
- 140 g mixed lettuce
- 2 small Cox apples
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the onions and cook for a few minutes to brown slightly.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and cauliflower and continue to cook until they take a little colour.
- Then add the crumbled stock cube, 150ml water and a generous dash of pepper. Stir well and cook over high heat, so the stock cube dissolves and the water reduces slightly; this will make the dish nice and moist, but not wet. Check the seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Place the lettuce into a large bowl. Grate in the apple using a coarse grater. Add the olive oil, and mix gently.
- Serve the hash with a little salad on the side.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket