For the sauce
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 400 g chopped tomatoes in juice
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp any vinegar, I used malt vinegar
For the Base
- 250 g self-raising flour
- pinch salt
- 100 g low-fat natural yoghurt
- 4 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- freshly ground pepper
For the Topping
- 200 g Buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 50 ml olive oil
- cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220C Gas 7.
- Place the oil into a saucepan and heat.
- Add the onion and cook over high heat to take a little colour.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes, do not burn.
- Add the tomatoes, puree and vinegar and cook down until you have thick dry pulp, about 15 minutes.
- Next, place the flour, salt, basil, oregano and pepper into a bowl and mix well.
- Add the yoghurt and enough water to make a really soft dough.
- Knead, but don’t over knead, then cut into 4.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface nice and thin to fit a large ovenproof frying pan
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes to set the base, remove from the oven.
- Spoon over the tomato sauce thinly and evenly, close to the edge.
- Add the mozzarella slices over evenly.
- Add the basil leaves, olive oil and pepper.
- Rebake until cooked and crisp, say 12-14 minutes.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket