- 1 kg chicken, giblets removed
- 1 x small bunch fresh sage
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly milled
- 10 g chicken Oxo stock cube
- 1 large glass cold water
- Heat the oven to 220 C gas 7.
- Place the chicken onto a board, season well inside and out, then insert the bunch of sage.
- Pop into the bottom of a deep saucepan. Add the stock cube sprinkled around. Add the water and giblets if you have them.
- Place the pan uncovered into the oven cook the chicken for 15 minutes to brown nicely. Add the lid and turn the heat down to 190C gas 5.
- Cook for 1 hour, approx.
- When the chicken is cooked, carefully tip off the juices in the bottom of the tin into a saucepan. Add a little boiling water bring to a boil. Thicken with a few gravy granules or a little cornflour and water. Keep warm.
- Cover the chicken and leave to rest for 30-45 minutes.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket