- 250 g haddock fillet
- 200 g salmon fillet
- 1 pint milk, 4% fat
- 10 g fish stock cube
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4.5 tbsp plain flour
- 100 g sweetcorn, well drained
- 100 g cooked peas
- 2 medium hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- 600 g cooked and warm mashed potatoes (made from 1kg raw potato)
- 200 milk, roughly
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g packet dried breadcrumbs (natural)
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into small florets and lightly roasted
- Place the haddock and salmon together into a saucepan, add the milk and crumbled stock cube and bring to a boil.
- Remove and leave for 5 minutes, do not overcook.
- Once cooked, drain well in a colander and keep the milk.
- Meanwhile, heat the 5 tbsp olive oil and cook the onions and cumin for a couple of minutes to soften.
- Once softened, add the flour and mix well.
- Add all the milk to the saucepan and stir over low heat until the mixture thickens and boils.
- Then remove from the heat and add the flaked cooked haddock, prawns, sweetcorn, peas, chopped boiled eggs and parsley.
- Season really well and carefully bring together, trying not to break up the fish.
- Spoon into a 25x 15 x 4cm deep baking dish.
- Make the mashed potatoes adding the olive oil, spoon over the cooked fish mixture (it's best to let the fish cool slightly, then the potato will spoon over perfectly)
- Finally, top with the breadcrumbs and bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes to brown well.
- Serve with roasted cauliflower florets.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket