- 400 g fresh fine green beans, stalk ends removed,tail still on
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (Gluten-Free)
- 1 tsp caster sugar, level
- 4 tsp white wine vinegar
- 6 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp olive oil, for frying
- 2 pots of fresh chives, chopped
- 400 g sliced smoked salmon
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- freshly milled black pepper
- Cook the green beans in a pan of boiling, salted water for 2-3 minutes, or until just cooked. Drain and cool under cold running water, so they keep their brilliant green colour, then drain really well.
- Mix together the mustard and sugar then season with a little salt and pepper.
- Stir in the vinegar, then gradually whisk in the 6 tsp of extra virgin olive oil in a thin stream to fully incorporate them.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary, then add the green beans and chives and stir well.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan with a dash of olive oil until the oil just begins to smoke.
- Add the slices of salmon, one at a time, and flash fry for 2-3 seconds on one side, then lift out.
- Do not overcook, as the uncooked side must stay undercooked.
- Pile the green beans onto plates, add the cherry tomatoes evenly and top with the salmon.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket
Flash Fried Smoked Salmon Salad
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.