I modelled this idea on a burger bun. The secret is to get all the flat mushrooms the same size and cut everything to fit in the bun so it will look very impressive when it has finally chilled; it will look very impressive.
- 8 medium sized flat mushrooms
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 8.5cm slices of Port Salut cheese
- 2 ripe beef tomatoes
- 4 slices of ham, cooked on the bone then sliced
- 2 English mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- Preheat the grill to its hottest setting.
- Cut the stalks out of the mushrooms, season well with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the olive oil and cook under the hot grill for 5-6 minutes on each side. Do not overcook.
- When cooked, leave to cool slightly.
- Take a plain cutter the same size as the flat mushrooms, then cut the ham and cheese the same size as the flat mushrooms.
- Cut the ripe tomatoes into roughly the same size as well.
- Place one mushroom open side up on a chopping board. Then top with a layer of ham, season well with salt and pepper and a touch of mustard.
- Then add further layers of cheese and then tomato seasoning all the time. Finally, add the basil leaf and top it with the flat mushroom.
- Press lightly, and wrap each 'bun' in cling film and chill overnight.
- To eat, cut in half and skewer with fancy cocktail sticks.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket