- 500 g dessert pastry
- 1 kg blackberries
- 150 g soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cornflour, approx
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 beaten egg
- granulated sugar for sprinkling on top of the pie
- Preheat the oven to 180C, Gas 4.
- Roll out 2/3rds of the pastry nice and thin.
- Line the tart case with pastry.
- Place the blackberries and cornflour into a bowl and mix well.
- Add the sugar and lime juice and mix well.
- Pour into the lined tart, heap up really well, as they will cook down, moisten the edges with a little beaten egg.
- Top with the second disc, seal the edges well. Cut off any excess pastry and crimp decoratively.
- Brush with beaten egg, and sprinkle with sugar. Make 3 small incisions on the top of the pie and place them in the oven.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes until the top of the pie is golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 30 minutes before eating. Cut into wedges and serve with heaps and heaps of clotted cream.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket