The secret to a great pesto is simple, fresh ingredients, this will not disappoint, and it is Gluten-Free, of course.
- 150 g fusilli pasta, (this will give you 300g cooked pasta)
- 4 large potatoes, peeled, cut into 2-3 cm cubes and cooked,cooled
- 150 g long green beans, cut into 3cm pieces and cooked then cooled under cold water
For the dressing
- 2 pots fresh basil
- 20 g Parmesan cheese, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly milled black pepper
- extra Parmesan cheese
- a few extra basil leaves
- Pre heat the oven 200C gas 6.
- Place the pine nuts on a tray, bake until lightly browned but not burnt. Then cool.
- This will increase their flavour.
- Place the shallots, garlic, pepper, coriander, cheese, chilli and salt into a food processor.
- Add half the oil and blitz until fairly smooth.
- Gradually add the oil until you have a thickish sauce; add more or less oil until you get the right consistency.
- Spoon into a bowl, taste and adjust with salt and pepper. Sometimes a squeeze or two of lemon brings out the flavour.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket