This is a fresh, delicate dip that works well with fresh fish or meat cooked on a bbq. The secret is not to cook the sauce for too long, and this will keep its freshness.
- 200 ml Mirin, (Japanese fermented rice liqueur)
- 100 ml soy sauce
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- 25 g fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 5 spring onions, finely chopped
- 0.5 tsp red chilli, finely chopped
- Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Serve with the salmon and coriander pesto burger.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket