Try as I may, I still have not found a recipe to beat this one.
- 50 g fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 6 white sugar cubes
- 100 cider vinegar
- 2 salt
- 1 medium orange
- 4 leaves gelatine, soaked in cold water, optional
- Rub the outer skin of the orange with all the sugar cubes so that they take on the oily zest.
- Place in a stainless steel saucepan, add the vinegar and salt and dissolve.
- Bring to the boil, add the chopped mint and remove from the stove to cool and serve with roast lamb.
- You can add 2 leaves of soaked gelatine to the finished hot sauce to make jelly.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket