- 1 kg fresh mussels, cleaned of barnacles and de-bearded
- 200 fish stock
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onions, very finely sliced
- 1 small red pepper, diced, small cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 large fresh, ripe plum tomatoes, chopped, 1cm
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- ground white pepper
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Clean the mussels and remove the beard.
- Bring the stock and white wine to the boil, add the mussels and cover
- Occasionally stir the mussels to ensure they all are opened, do not overcook, or they will become tough.
- Place into a strainer, carefully remove all the flesh, check there are no bits of gristle or sand particles. Discard any unopened ones.
- Heat the oil and add the onions, peppers and garlic cover and soften slightly for about 15 minutes.
- Place into a bowl; add the mussels, tomatoes, parsley, basil, salt, pepper and vinegar. Mix well, but carefully.
- Adjust the seasoning if needed and serve when ready, either straight away or well chilled.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket