Something peachy for a special celebratory dinner. Prepare a couple of days in advance to develop the flavours
- 225 g golden granulated sugar
- 10 10 x 10cm/4in sprigs of fresh lemon balm
- 3 small bay leaves, lightly crushed
- juice of ½ lime
- 6 ripe peaches or nectarines
- 227 g tub clotted cream, optional
- Balmoral biscuits
Prepare two days in advance
- Dissolve the sugar in a pan with 300ml of water over a low heat. Put the lemon balm and bay leaves in a bowl. Pour in the hot syrup and lime juice, cover and leave in a cool place for at least 2 days.
Several hours ahead
- Have ready a bowl of iced water. Plunge the peaches one at a time into a saucepan of boiling water. Remove from the pan immediately and put in iced water.
- Peel the peaches, and cut them in half and remove the stones. Put the halves in a bowl and strain the syrup over. Cover and chill for about 2 hours, basting from time to time.
- Spoon a peach and some syrup into each dessert glass and serve with clotted cream and Balmoral biscuits on the side.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket