A nice easy soup that will freeze easily and can be made well in advance.
- 7 g sachet of dried yeast
- 300 ml warm water, approx.
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 250 g ‘00’ flour
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp fresh thyme, very finely chopped
- Place the yeast into a bowl and add 150mls of water whisk until dissolved.
- Add the sugar, add ¼ of the flour roughly, and mix well.
- Place the rest of the water into a mixer with the oil, salt and thyme.
- Mix well, adding the rest of the water until you have a very soft dough that is almost too sticky.
- Leave in the machine at a medium speed until the dough comes away from the bowl.
- Cover and leave to prove for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220C gas 7.
- Remove the dough from the machine and carefully turn it out.
- Cut into small walnut pieces, spread or roll out very thinly on parchment or baking mats.
- Drizzle over a little extra virgin olive oil and cover with film leave to prove for 10 minutes.
- Cook in a very hot oven until well-blistered.
- Serve straight away.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket