This is a great sauce that is both quick and easy to make. A must for midweek meals such as cooked meats, fish, pasta or rice.
- 500 g ripe tomatoes at room temperature, halved, seeds removed
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly milled
- 50 extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g cold unsalted butter, very small cubes
- 4 tbsp tomato flesh, free of skin and seeds
- 2 tbsp chives/tarragon, fresh and finely chopped
- Place the tomatoes and paste into liquidiser and blitz until smooth.
- Pass through a fine sieve into a bowl.
- When ready to serve, really gently heat the puree but do not cook it.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter very quickly, then the olive oil.
- Season with salt, pepper and a little sugar.
- Finally, add the chives/tarragon and tomato flesh.
- Serve with cooked meats, fish, pasta or rice.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket