- 500 g freshwater prawns, shelled and de veined
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 medium egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- finely grated zest and juice 1 large lime
- 1 pinch chilli powder
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp black onion seeds
- 8 burger rolls or baps
- 1 ripe avocado
- 6 tbsp natural thick Greek yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely crushed
- 2 tsp sweet chilli jam, or sauce
- 1 tbsp (any) vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Soften the onion, garlic, and ginger in olive oil over medium heat.
- Once cooked, leave to cool.
- Finely chop or mince the prawn flesh, the finer, the better, and then place into a bowl.
- Add the egg white, mayonnaise, juice and zest of lemon and season well with the chilli, pepper and salt. Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan and gently saute the burgers for a minute or two on each side, do not overcook. Serve in small burger buns or baps
- Mould into 8 small balls then flatten slightly. Press in the sesame and black onion seeds.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan and gently cook the burgers for a minute or two on each side, do not overcook. Serve in small burger buns or baps
For the Sauce
- Make the sauce by peeling and chopping the avocado flesh into small pieces, place it into a bowl. Crush slightly with a fork, then mix the yoghurt, garlic, vinegar and salt and pepper. Mix well. Serve on the burger.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket