Recipe from JML's Bubbles & Brunch event.
- 1 small onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely-grated fresh ginger
- 500 g freshwater prawns, shelled and de-veined
- 1 medium egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- finely grated zest and juice from 1 large lime
- 1 pinch chilli powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Dipping Sauce
- 150 ml dry sherry
- 100 ml freshly-squeezed orange juice plus the zest, finely grated
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp finely-grated ginger plus juice
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- ½ tsp fresh red chilli, very finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and very finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced on the diagonal
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- To make the dipping sauce, mix the ingredients well together and leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
- Soften the onion, garlic and ginger in olive oil over medium heat. Once cooked set aside to cool.
- Finely chop, or better still mince, the prawn flesh (the finer the better) and then place into a bowl. Add the egg white, mayonnaise, juice and zest of lime and season well with the chilli, pepper and salt. Add the onion, mix and combine well.
- Mould the burger mix into 8 small balls then flatten slightly. Cook on a Copper Stone Pans® for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve the BBQ prawn burgers with the dipping sauce.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket