- 2 sole, skinned and winged both sides but head on
- 6 tbsp flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 300 g dried Japanese breadcrumbs (Panko)
- 200 g salted butter, soft
- 2 garlic cloves, finely crushed
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Mix the butter, pepper, garlic, parsley and basil.
- Roll into cling film, make a sausage shape, chill really well.
- Lay the sole on a board and, with a sharp knife, make an incision down the length of the spine.
- Then slide the knife to one side of the spine and slice the fillet back right to the edge, trying to keep it in one piece.
- Fold the fillet right back to the edge of the sole, repeat on the other side.
- Using the tip of the knife, cut through the bone as close to the head as possible, then again halfway down the spine and finely as close to the tail as possible.
- Dust the sole on both sides with flour, making sure the fillets are folded out still.
- Dip in the egg, then breadcrumbs and coat really well.
- Heat a pan with 3-4 cm of vegetable oil to 175C.
- Carefully place the sole away from you into the oil.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the sole.
- Turn over if needed gently and take great care.
- Once cooked, remove from the oil and drain well on kitchen roll.
- After a couple of minutes, you can carefully remove the bones in 3 pieces inside the opened sole that you cut through
- Slice the chilled butter and arrange in where the bones were.
- Leave to melt slightly and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket