This great alternative to traditional stuffing is ideal for non-meat eaters and is enough for a 5kg bird.
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil, any will do
- 0.5 tsp ground cardamom
- 0.5 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 0.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 100 g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 100 g dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 100 g chopped dried cherries, finely chopped
- 500 g microwaveable coconut rice, re-heated
- 50 g honey roasted cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 100 g chopped pistachios, roughly chopped
- 6 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the spices, quickly fry, then add the onions, garlic and ginger to cook for 10 minutes to soften nicely.
- Spoon into a bowl, then add the fruit, warmed rice and nuts and really mix well.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Finally, add the egg to bind and the parsley and sage. Again mix well.
- Stuff the bird or spoon into a lightly greased baking dish and bake separately.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket
Fruity Fragrant (Non-Meat) Stuffing
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.