One of our favourites in the Vickery household, quick simple and easy. Remember chicken thigh meat is far nicer than breast meat especially when stir frying.
- 6 skinned and boned chicken thighs
- 25 g peeled fresh root ginger, finely chopped
- 0.5 tsp five spice powder
- a dash of dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese oyster sauce
- 25 ml vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- plain noodle, to serve
- Trim any excess fat off the chicken then cut each one into 6-8 strips.
- Make sure the ginger is finely chopped. There's nothing worse than chewing on big chunks of raw ginger!
- Mix the five-spice soy sauce and oyster sauce in a bowl and season lightly.
- Heat a wok, add half the vegetable oil, heat until smoking, and then tip in the chicken and season well.
- Stir chicken around for 5-6 minutes, or until the chicken has changed colour and cooked through.
- Tip the chicken out of the wok onto a plate and carefully wipe the wok clean with a piece of kitchen paper.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok, add the pepper and stir fry until just soft (if they get too dry tip in some of the juices from the chicken). Then add the garlic and ginger and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- To finish the dish, return the warm chicken to the wok, add the soy and oyster sauce mixture and warm through.
- Stir well and serve with cooked noodles.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket