- 500 g chipolatas, cut in half
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tbsp any vinegar
- 70 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 400 g chopped tomatoes in juice
- 20 g vegetable stock cubes, (2 x 10g)
- 400 g can haricot beans
- 400 g can borlotti beans
- 400 g canned chickpeas
- 200 water, roughly
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 150 g frozen peas
- Heat the oil, add onions, garlic, and ginger, then cook for 10 minutes to really colour well.
- Next, add the tomato paste, tomatoes, puree and cook out for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock cubes and beans and add the water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer down until you have a lovely stew for 10 minutes or so.
- When it becomes nice and thick, add the peas and spinach and warm through.
- Meanwhile, gently fry the sausages until cooked and nice and golden, add the spices and cook for 3-4 minutes to release their flavours.
- When ready, add the chutney and vinegar and cook until the sausages are coated well
- Serve with griddled pitta bread and freshly chopped coriander.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket