- 200 g gluten-free self-raising flour
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 160 g caster sugar
- 165 g soft, tub for cakes cake margarine melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- finely grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- juice of 2 large lemons
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, gas 4
- Line a 1lb loaf tin with a liner.
- Melt the margarine.
- Sieve the flour with the xanthan gum and baking powder in a large bowl, then add the sugar and mix evenly.
- Mix the eggs, melted margarine, zest, and 2 tbsp lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and then whisk until you have a smooth batter, you will see the mix tighten as the lemon juice, and xanthan gum begin to work.
- Immediately pour the mixture into the lined tin and tap it lightly on the work surface to remove any air pockets.
- Bake near the centre of a preheated oven for about 40-50 minutes until the surface is springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the lemon juice and granulated sugar into a syrup.
- After 10 minutes, pour over the cooked loaf and leave to cool.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket