This pastry is much easier to roll out and acts almost like the real thing. So you may get a little cracking. You can line flans and tarts now using the normal way of rolling out pastry.
- 225 g Gluten-Free Flour Mix A, (see below)
- 1 pinch Gluten-Free baking powder
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 2 pinch salt
- 110 g Stork margarine
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- cold water
- Place the flour, salt and margarine into a bowl and really mix well.
- Rub in well until you have fine breadcrumbs. I tend to take the lazy route and use a food processor.
- Add the egg and a little water and really mix well.
- Keep an eye on the texture; you may need to add a little more water, so it's nice and soft.
- Bear in mind the gum will tighten up the mixture considerably.
- Roll out and use.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket
with Coeliac UK
Gluten-free Flour Mix A
I use three Gluten-Free Flour Mixes simply because different combinations of flour work better for different recipes. For example, I’ve found Gluten-Free Flour Mixes A and B work well for biscuits and cakes. In addition, The Gluten-Free Bread Mix contains soya flour, which I think helps in most of the recipes with yeast.View Recipe