The great flavours here make this a delicious soup. It's nice and easy and is perfect for eating whilst watching your favourite TV programme.
- 4 olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 50 g red lentils
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 700 ml boiling water
- 10 g Gluten-Free chicken or vegetable stock cube
- 100 g green lentils
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- juice of 2 large limes
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 100 g natural thick Greek yoghurt
- olive oil, to drizzle
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the carrot, celery, onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the red lentils, tomato puree, boiling water and crumbled stock cube and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer gently until all the vegetables and red lentils are well cooked - about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the green lentils in a saucepan and cover them with cold water. Bring to a boil, simmer until just cooked, not falling to pieces. Once cooked, refresh the lentils under cold water.
- When the soup is cooked, transfer it in batches to a food processor or liquidiser and process until you have a nice smooth puree.
- Return the soup to a clean pan. You may need to add a little boiling water if it is too thick. Check the seasoning, then add the lime juice and stir well.
- Place the cooked green lentils in 4 bowls. Top with the hot soup, a little fresh coriander and a blob of yoghurt swirled in at the last moment.
- A little olive oil drizzled over is also a nice touch
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket