- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 300 g red lentils
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 tbsp tomato puree double strength
- 6 tbsp lime juice
- 3½ pints boiling water
- 3 chicken/veg stock cubes
- 1 pinch fresh basil, rough chopped
- olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped1
- 300 g natural thick Greek yoghurt
- 200 g green lentils, (raw)
- Heat the oil, then add the onions, garlic, celery, carrots and cook for 10 minutes to soften.
- Next, add the boiling water, stock cubes, lentils, tomato puree, and basil, then cook for 30-40 minutes, or until all the vegetables and lentils are really soft and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook 200g of green lentils in stock or water, then cool.
- Once the soup is cooked, liquidise well, then stir in the cooked green lentils and re-season if needed with salt and pepper and lime juice.
- Heat 250g of soup.Add 25g chopped corianderTop with 25g natural yoghurt and serve.
- Add 25g chopped coriander.
- Top with 25g natural yoghourt and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket