- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 0.5 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 225 g rice, Basmati has the best flavour, but long grain will be fine
- 10 g veggie stock cube
- 568 ml water, roughly
- 1 small courgette, cut into 1cm cubes
- 200 g frozen peas
- 200 g fine green beans, cut 1/2cm pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized ovenproof saucepan.
- Add the onion, garlic, turmeric and cumin and cook for 3-4 minutes to soften.
- Add the rice, stock cube, water, courgettes, frozen peas and beans, then mix well.
- Season well with salt and pepper, and then bring to a boil, stirring.
- Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and place it into the preheated oven.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blitz the herbs, cheese, olive oil and mustard in a hand blender.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove it from the oven. Remove the lid, gently fluff with a fork.
- Fold in the herb and cheese mix, place the lid on and leave for 5 minutes.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket