- 300 g risotto rice
- 1 veg stock cube
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried mint, or 1 small sprig chopped of fresh
- ground pepper
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 800 mls boiling water, roughly
- 40 g asparagus spears, or 5 medium, trimmed and chopped on an angle into 2cm pieces
- 40 g frozen peas
- 40 g frozen broad beans
- 20 g fresh spinach
- 50 g salted butter
- 200 g defrosted cooked prawns
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Place the rice, stock cube, onion, garlic, mint, salt, pepper and oil into a microwave-safe bowl, and mix well.
- Add 3rd of the boiling water and stir well.
- Cover with film and pierce a couple of times.
- Cook (I used 900 watts) for 10 minutes. Keep an eye on it. You may need to break the rice up at say 5-6 minutes.
- Add another 3rd of the boiling water, really mix well, break up the rice, re-cover, and cook for a further 6 minutes.
- Re stir and add the veg and last of the water, re-cover and cook for a final 5-6 minutes, or until creamy and thick.
- Remove once cooked and stir well. Add the butter, prawns and cheese and lightly mix, rea season and cover and leave for 2-3 minutes stir again and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket