- 1 kg British asparagus, trimmed
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly milled
- 200 g smoked salmon
Pea and tarragon créme fraîche
- 200 ml crème fraîche
- 4 tbsp tarragon, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 250 g petit pois frozen peas, cooked and refreshed then drained
- spicy smoked paprika (optional)
- crusty sourdough or French bread
- Trim the ends of the asparagus to remove the woody stems.
- Place onto a tray and drizzle over the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat a large griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Add the asparagus in small batches to take on a nice griddled colour. This will take approximately 3-6 minutes, depending on the thickness of the stems. Remove, then repeat until all the spears are cooked and put to one side.
- Meanwhile. Mix the créme fraîche, tarragon, cider vinegar, sugar and petit pois, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well
- To serve. Wrap the smoked salmon around the griddled asparagus spears
- Divide the wrapped spears evenly onto 4 plates spoon over the pea créme fraîche. Dust with a little paprika and serve with crusty bread, a drizzle of olive oil and plenty of black pepper.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket