A beautifully simple dish that takes just a few minutes to prepare.
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, fried until really crisp, must be crunchy
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped and fried til nice and crispy
- 8 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 small tbps mango chutney
- 4 tbsp chopped chives
- 500 g British asparagus, nicely trimmed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- freshly milled black pepper
- juice of half lemon
- To make the baconaise. Finely chop the bacon and pop into a bowl, add all the other ingredients, mix well and leave for 10 minutes.
- Heat a griddle or large frying pan.
- Roll the asparagus in the oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Griddle the asparagus until lightly browned turn a couple of times, do not overcook.
- Serve with the baconaise and a squeeze of lemon.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket