- 20 sticks medium sized asparagus, bottom 3cm peeled
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 10 breadsticks, half per asparagus sprue
- 20 slices air dried ham
- 4 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 200 g dried Japanese breadcrumbs (Panko)
- 200 g mayonnaise
- 50 g capers, chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- finely grated zest 1 lemon
- Make sure all the spears are the same size in length.
- Roll the asparagus in the oil and add a little salt and pepper so that it sticks on nicely.
- Gently cook the asparagus in a large non-stick frying pan, making sure you have a nice colour all over. Then remove and cool.
- Once cooled down. Cut a breadstick to the same length or just shorter as the asparagus spear.
- Then wrap the air-dried ham around the two, nice and tightly. Repeat until all the spears are wrapped.
- In the same pan, gently sauté the asparagus wrapped ham to take a little colour, turn over and spread each wrapped spear with a little mustard.
- Put on a baking tray with a sprinkling of breadcrumbs and cook under a medium grill to brown slightly.
- Serve with the caper, basil and lemon mayo.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket