- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into roughly 12 thin strips, no skin, the inner fillets will make 2 on their own
- 6 slices air dried ham, cut into two lengthways, giving you 12 strips
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly ground
- 175 g peanut butter, roughly
- dash of fish sauce
- 2 tbsp tamarind
- 4 tbsp runny honey
- pinch of chilli powder
- 8 tbsp water
- juice 3 fresh limes
- 4 tbsp coriander, finely chopped, optional
- finely grated zest from 2 of the limes above
- Place the peanut butter, fish sauce, tamarind, honey, chilli, water and lime into a small saucepan and gently heat until you have a sauce consistency. Adjust if needed when cool with a little water or oil. Add the coriander and lime zest once cool.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers, then wrap the thin-sliced air-dried ham around the chicken. Secure either end on the stick.
- Gently cook the seasoned skewers in a little oil for 2-3 minutes, turning so you get a nice colour.
- Add a little sauce, coat the chicken well, and reduce it slightly, so the chicken has a nice glaze.
- Serve with cold dipping sauce.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket