Recipe from JML's Bubbles & Brunch event.
- 30 g sugar
- 15 g salt
- 300 ml water
- 4 medium duck breasts, with skin
For the Sauce
- 25 g caster sugar
- 200 ml fresh orange juice
- 50 ml cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp orange zest, taken off with a peeler, then cut into very fine strips
- 300 ml strong chicken stock
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly milled black pepper
- a little cornflour slaked in cold water
- 3 tbsp cold water
- To make the brine place the sugar, salt and water into the Grill Circle® saucepan. Bring to the boil, dissolve slowly, then cool. Lightly score the skin on the duck breasts, so you have a criss-cross pattern. Once the brine is cool place breasts in leave for 15 minutes.
- For the sauce, place the orange juice, caster sugar, cider vinegar, orange zest and stock into the saucepan. Bring to the boil, then simmer until the volume has reduced by î. Taste to check you have a balance of acidity and orangey sweetness.
- Mix the cornflour with the 3 tbsp water, then add a little at a time to the simmering sauce to thicken slightly, do not over thicken. Season with salt and pepper
- When the duck is ready, pat dry with a kitchen towel. Preheat the Grill Circle® to No.4, then place scored side down onto the grill surface. After 4-5 minutes, turn and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the grill, place on a warm plate, cover with foil and leave for 10 minutes to rest.
- Slice the breasts on a slight angle, drain well on kitchen paper. To serve, top with a little of the sauce.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket