This marinade is great for lamb or even pork. The sweet, sour combination is slightly different but works well. Take care, though, as the redcurrant jelly will make the steaks catch slightly if cooked over too high a heat.
- 1.8 kg lamb steaks cut from the leg, (6 x 300g)
- 200 fresh orange juice
- 3 tbsp redcurrant jell, warmed and whisked smooth
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- pinch or two of salt
- 3 tbsp tamarind paste (Bart's)
- Mix all the marinade ingredients, then spoon over the lamb.
- Leave for 2 hours, longer is fine,
- Preheat the bbq to a medium heat, then drain the steaks well and pat dry with a piece of kitchen towel.
- Brush or spray the steaks well with a little oil, also the bars of the hot grill.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until just cooked.
- Remove from the grill and cover with foil. Leave for 5-6 minutes to rest.
- Once rested, add any juices to the finished couscous, waste nothing.
- Serve with roast pepper couscous. See the recipe.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket