Salsas are all the rage now; here is a twist using roasted sweetcorn flavoured with lime and coriander. Perfect with Sea Bass
- 4 sea bass, whole and defrosted
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 whole fresh sweetcorn
- 2 tsp fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 fresh limes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat the grill or oven to a high setting.
- Place the sea bass on a chopping board and diagonally slash across the fish.
- Carefully cut the sweetcorn in half. Stand the corn on the cut end and shave off the ears with a sharp knife. Do the same to the other 3 pieces.
- Meanwhile, place 2 tbsp of olive oil into a wok or frying pan. Add the sweetcorn and the chilli, then sauté quickly over high heat until they take on a little colour. Once cooked, spoon into a bowl and cool slightly.
- Add the chopped red onion, cherry tomatoes, and juice from 2 large fresh limes to the sweetcorn. Next, add a little salt and pepper, sugar, mix well, finally add the chopped coriander.
- Spoon the last 4 tbsp of oil over the 4 sea bass and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place onto a baking sheet or tray and pop under the grill or in the oven.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until lightly cooked.
- Serve the bass whole spoon over the salsa
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket