This is one of my favourites, very simple and quick. The best thing is it can be cooked just before your guests arrive and left warm.
- 2 large red peppers
- 2 large yellow peppers
- 2 green peppers
- olive oil
- 2 red onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 200 g approx. pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the BBQ or grill or hot oven (and leave until the coals are grey)
- Cut the peppers in half lengthways and remove the seeds, but leave the stalk on.
- Rub the peppers inside and out with olive oil, season well, and grill on both sides for 3-4 minutes until soft and lightly coloured.
- Meanwhile, place onion, olives, extra virgin oil, lemon juice, parsley and cheese into a large serving bowl.
- Add the hot, cooked peppers and toss well, re-season with salt and pepper.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket