- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 115 g smooth peanut butter
- 5 tbsp water
- 1 pot fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- Place the salmon cubes free of skin and bone onto 4 skewers.
- Place the mint, zest and lime juice, sugar, pepper, salt and oil together in a bowl; mix really well.
- Place the salmon skewers onto a plate or stainless steel tray, pour over the mixture, coat well, and leave to marinate.
- Next, make the sauce by heating the 2 tbsp of olive oil, and then add the onion, ginger, garlic, chilli and cook for 5-8 minutes to soften.
- Add the vinegar, peanut butter to the pan, mix well and warm through off the stove. Add the chopped coriander and the spring onions and add enough water to make a thick sauce.
- When ready to cook, remove the skewers from the marinade, and pat really dry on kitchen paper.
- Heat a barbecue or hot non-stick frying pan. If using a barbecue, before heating oil, the bars lightly, with kitchen paper dipped in a little oil, also lightly oil the marinated salmon. This will stop them from sticking.
- Cook the salmon skewers for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with instant noodles and dip on the side.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket