Simple recipe, the marinade is used to get flavour into the prawns and a finished sauce. Remember to oil the hot bars well.
- 400 g tinned pineapple chunks in juice whizzed to a puree
- 2 tbsp Nam Pla (fish sauce)
- juice and zest 4 large limes
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- pinch or two of salt
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 chilli powder
- 2 tbsp fresh Thai sweet or normal basil, chopped
- 20 freshwater prawns, shell off, but leave the tails on
- Place all the ingredients except the prawns and fresh basil into a bowl and mix really well.
- Remove half the marinade and chill well separately.
- Add the prawns to the remainder and really mix well, then cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Heat the bbq to a high heat, oil the bars well with a little oil and kitchen towel.
- Remove the prawns from the marinade, pat the excess off and place directly onto the bars.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, do not overcook.
- Once well coloured, remove and place into a deep bowl.
- Spoon over the reserved marinade, add the basil and mix well and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket