A healthy fish pie recipe is a great way to enjoy a classic comfort food dish without guilt. The pie can be topped with a combination of potato and parsnip mash for added nutrition and flavour. Bake in the oven until golden brown and bubbly. This dish is packed with protein, fibre, and vitamins, making it a healthy and satisfying meal that's perfect for any night of the week.
- 200 g natural smoked haddock, (roughly)
- 200 g salmon fillet
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 1 skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 6 tbsp cold water
- 1 fish stock cube
- 100 g sweetcorn, well drained
- 100 g cooked peas
- 2 medium hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- 400 g cooked and warm mashed potatoes, (made from 1kg raw potato)
- 200 g cooked mashed parsnips
- 200 skimmed milk, approx.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g packet dried breadcrumbs (natural)
- Place the haddock and salmon into a saucepan, add the milk crumble in a stock cube and bring to a boil.
- Gently simmer for 3-4 minutes, do not overcook.
- Once cooked, drain well in a colander and keep the milk.
- Meanwhile, heat the 4 tbsp olive oil and cook the onions and cumin for a couple of minutes to soften.
- Heat the milk to the saucepan and stir over low heat.
- Add the cornflour and water and heat until the mixture thickens.
- Then remove the heat and add the flaked cooked haddock, salmon, sweetcorn, peas, chopped boiled eggs and parsley.
- Season well and carefully bring together, trying not to break up the fish.
- Spoon into a 25 x 15 x 4cm deep baking dish
- Make up the mashed potatoes and the parsnips, adding the olive oil, then spoon over the cooked fish mixture (it's best to let the fish cool slightly, then the potato will spoon over perfectly.
- Finally, top with the breadcrumbs and bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes to brown well.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket