- 75 ml white wine vinegar
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 tsp heaped white peppercorn, crushed
- 200 g unsalted butter, melted
- 6 egg yolks at room temperature
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Place the vinegar, wine and peppercorns into a pan and bring to a boil.
- Boil rapidly until the liquid has reduced by half to ¾'s, then strain out the peppercorns.
- Place the egg yolks into a metal bowl and break them up with a whisk.
- Place the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, add the boiling reduction whisking all the time.
- Whisk over the heat until the mixture thickens. Take care not to have scrambled egg (you may have to take the bowl off a couple of times if the heat gets too intense)
- Once thick, you will see steam coming from the cooked eggs; gradually add the hot butter a little at a time.
- The sauce will thicken nicely; you may have to add a little hot water to thin slightly.
- Season with a bit of lemon juice and salt.
- Keep warm and covered.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket
"How do you like your eggs in the morning?" the song asks; well, here are a few of my favourite recipes to go with my homemade hollandaise.Check out this recipe