- 1 white onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp saffron, soaked in 1 tbsp hot water
- 200 g Arborio risotto rice
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 350 ml fish stock
- ½ leek, finely sliced
- 200 g home-smoked wild Alaska pacific cod, flaked
- 40 g grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche
- zest of a lemon, plus extra to serve
- 80 g raw king prawns, to serve
- Gently fry the onion and garlic in 3 tbsp olive oil.
- Stir in the saffron, followed by the rice and stir to coat. Cook until the rice turns translucent.
- Gradually stir in the wine, then half the fish stock, a ladle at a time, stirring continuously until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the leeks, and 150g smoked cod flakes, followed by enough fish stock to give al dente rice and a creamy consistency.
- Gently stir through the Parmesan, créme fraîche and lemon zest, and season well to taste.
- Serve the risotto with flakes of smoked cod, a drizzle of olive oil, lemon zest and cracked black pepper, along with plenty of pan-fried king prawns.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket