This is such a simple way of smoking your own fish, just make sure you have a good, heavy-duty tin that can withstand the direct heat. Now try some of our delicious smoked Alaska seafood recipes!
- 5 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 5 tbsp loose Lapsang Souchong tea leaves
- 800 g wild Alaska salmon, (4 x 200g)
- 1 fillet of pacific cod loin, skin on
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- Line a large roasting tin with two layers of foil.
- Combine the sugar and tea leaves, then scatter over the base of the tin.
- Stand a wire rack on the tin, lay the fish fillets, skin side down, and top each with a sprig of fresh thyme.
- Cover the whole tin with two layers of foil to create a tent above the fillets. Make sure that all edges are tightly sealed.
- Place the tin on the hob or barbecue for 8 minutes over moderate heat.
- Remove from the heat and rest (without removing foil) for 10 minutes.
- Remove the foil and serve the fillets either hot or cold.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket