- 5 ml brandy
- 75 g raisins
- 125 g caster sugar
- 75 ml cold water
- 4 medium egg yolks
- 300 ml double cream, very lightly whipped
- 150 g fudge, broken up with your fingers lightly
- The day before, place the brandy and raisins together and leave to soak.
- Place the caster sugar and water in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, leave to rapidly boil for 5 minutes, bang on, no more, no less.
- Place the egg yolks into a mixing bowl, and once the sugar and water have been boiling for 2 minutes, set the electric whisk to medium speed.
- At 5 minutes, take the sugar and water off the stove, turn the electric whisk up to full speed, and pour onto the egg yolks. Whisk until thick, foamy and cold.
- Strain off the raisins and add the brandy to the cream, and whip until thick and creamy.
- Remove the egg yolk mixture from the electric whisk, scrape off the whisk.
- Add the chopped fudge and the soaked raisins.
- Spoon in the lightly whipped cream, then freeze overnight.
- Serve scooped out into glasses and serve.
- You may need to leave for 5-10 minutes to soften slightly before serving.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket