What would Easter be like without Hot Cross Buns, here's a savoury way to enjoy even more or them.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into very thin strips
- 4 tbsp oil
- 4 hot cross buns, halved and lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp peanut or normal butter (optional)
- 8 rashers, cooked semi crispy, smoked streaky bacon
- 2 tbsp old style marmalade more bitter the better
- Heat a large frying pan and add the oil.
- Mix the potato with a little salt and pepper.
- Place 4 piles of potato strips into the frying pan and spread out with a fork, so nice and even.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the edges start to brown, then carefully turn over and cook for a further 4-5 minutes nice and gently. Once cooked, remove and drain well.
- Repeat the process, so you end up with 8 small potato cakes, nice and thin and crispy.
- Spread a little peanut or normal butter on all 8 pieces of the toasted bun.
- Place 4 potato cakes on the base of 4 buns.
- Top each bun with 2 slices of bacon and a little spread of marmalade.
- Top with the last 4 reaming potato cakes, then the top of the bun.
- Serve warm.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket