This soup is the perfect way to finish a picnic. It's best made the day before, chilled well overnight, then poured into a Thermos flask the next day to keep it very cold.
- 450 g fresh English strawberries
- juice 1 lemon
- a little cold water
- caster sugar, to taste
- 225 g raspberries
- 1 ripe melon, Charentais, Galia or Ogen
- Place the strawberries and lemon juice in a liquidiser or food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Gradually add enough cold water to make a soupy consistency, then add sugar to taste and blitz briefly again.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a bowl and chill well.
- Cut the melon into quarters and remove the seeds. Next, cut the flesh away from the skin and chop it into small pieces.
- You can add the melon to the soup if you want or pop it into a separate container and place it in a cold bag with an ice pack.
- To serve, spoon the fruit into cups and pour over the soup - a little clotted cream is always a nice topping.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket