- 6 large onions, peeled
- 200 g cream cheese
- 4 tbsp jarred jalapenos, well drained
- 100 g grated strong Cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- few breadcrumbs
- 6 tbsp plain flour
- 3 medium eggs
- 100 mls buttermilk
- 400 g dried breadcrumbs, approx.
- Cut the onions into 2cm thick rings.
- Pop out the rings and use every third or fourth ring.
- Line 2 trays with cling film, then flat the larger rings on the cling film.
- Lay a smaller ring inside so you have a 1-1.5cm gap.
- Mix the cream cheese, jalapenos, Cheddar, parsley, salt, and a few breadcrumbs just to tighten the mix.
- Using a piping bag with a 1cm plain tube, pipe the mix between the two rings, nice and full. Repeat with the 2 trays.
- Freeze until solid.
- When ready to cook, remove from the tray, dip into plain flour, coat well with beaten egg and buttermilk, and then the breadcrumbs. Repeat until all are prepared.
- Fry 4 at a time in 3-4 cm deep oil at 180C until crispy and golden.
- Serve dusted with a bit of salt and extra cheese as an optional extra.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket