- 650 g Jersey Royal cooked potatoes (either pot roasted or boiled)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, de seeded and chopped into 2cm pieces
- 2 small onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small courgettes, washed and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 aubergine, cut into 1cm pieces
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 baby plum tomatoes cut into half
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add plenty of salt and re-boil.
- One by one, place all the vegetables starting with the peppers into the water and re-boil for 2 minutes, then refresh in cold water.
- After all the vegetables are blanched, drain very well, probably best to drain them on kitchen paper.
- Heat 4 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan or, better still, a wok; add the onions and cook for 3 minutes until they take a little colour. Add the peppers and stir fry for 3 minutes. Tip into a bowl and keep warm.
- Add the rest of the olive oil to the pan heat again, then add the courgette and aubergine and brown slightly but do not overcook.
- Add the garlic, basil, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Finally, add the cooked onions and peppers, the warm potatoes and tomatoes, warm through quickly.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket