Jersey Royals are a real Easter treat and are slightly more expensive but well worth the extra, especially as it's Easter. Sometimes fresh, new potatoes burst out of their skins when cooked, ensuring a perfect cook and a significant flavour boost.
- 600 g Jersey Royal potatoes
- Soak the potatoes in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, gently scrape the skin away. You don’t have to remove it all; just remember to rewash the potatoes.
- Place them into a saucepan, cover them with cold water and add a little salt and a few fresh sprigs of mint.
- Bring to a boil, turn down the heat and gently simmer until cooked.
- Once cooked, drain well in a colander, then place the colander back into the pan, cover with cling film, and leave for 20 minutes to rest.
- I think it’s essential to leave cooked potatoes to rest once cooked, as the flavour intensifies as they cool naturally.
- Serve however you want, but warm, not too hot; the texture will be amazing
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket