- 4 large duck legs, trimmed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200 ml white wine
- 600 ml strong duck or chicken stock
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200 g fresh blackberries, gently pureed too much and the seeds make the puree bitter, then strained
- 50 g whole ripe plump blackberries
- 15 g unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 tbsp double cream, optional
- 500 g hot mashed potatoes
- 100 g fresh spinach
- little olive oil
- Pre heat the oven to 190C Gas 5.
- Trim the legs really well, knuckle and socket also.
- Lightly brown the seasoned duck legs in a shallow saucepan.
- Remove the legs and add the garlic, onions and thyme and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and boil for 1 minute, then add the stock and reboil.
- Finally, add the browned legs, half the blackberry puree, then gently simmer, add a lid, place in the preheated oven and cook for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- After the legs are cooked, remove the pan from the oven and insert a knife into the flesh. It should be very soft. Remove the legs and keep warm.
- Skim off any fat, reduce the sauce slightly until thickened, add the fresh puree, and warm through, do not boil.
- Season with salt, pepper, sugar, butter and cream or just butter, then add the whole blackberries, warm through, do not boil.
- Saute the spinach in a little oil until wilted, then serve with the mash, legs, sauce.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket